The Maryville Jen School provides specialized academic and vocational opportunities for young men who have not had success in traditional school settings. If you wish to support the Maryville Jen School with a donation, the following is a list of wishes and needs:
- Local grocery and department stores to purchase supplies for students and to allow students to purchase items for their own families needs.
- To purchase groceries to stock and maintain a small in-house food pantry that students maintain.
- Funds to purchase sport-specific uniforms
- Air pump
- Badmitten sets
- Frisbee golf sets
- Fitness equipment
Funds for field trips
- Cost of admission
Funds for Student Incentives
- Special field trips to cultural and sporting events
- Speacial meals outings
- School wide events
Student ID Maker
Dye Cut Machine
Additional 3D Printers
Sensory seating for classrooms and chill spots
- Current whiteboards will need to be replaced or refurbished soon
Motorola Radios for Staff
- Necessary for communications throughout the day (Jen School does not have a Public Address system.)
- Necessary for emergency communications
Coffee Cart supplies
- New Keurig Coffee Pots
- K-cups, etc..
New Kitchen Appliances
- Hand appliances
– Mixer, blender, toasters, food processor, chopper
– Replacement cookware
- Shovels, Rakes, trowels, wheelbarrows, hand tools, knee pads
Small Hand Tools for Furniture & Bike Repair
Portable/lightweight work benches
Furniture refinishing supplies (paint, stain, varnish, assorted brushes, polyethylene)
Funds to purchase blended curriculum materials in core content areas. Current curriculum materials in Science, History and English are 15 years old or older.
Thank you so very much for your consideration. (Updated 10/07/21)
Donations may be dropped off at the Jen School, 1150 N. River Rd, Des Plaines, IL 60016 or please call 847-390-3020 to make arrangements.